This site hosts or organizes open data pointers to a variety of statistics and other factual information and reports about Arlington, MA and some nearby comparable towns. A brief selection of data available currently:
- Annual Reports for Arlington and comparable communities.
- Budgets for Arlington (including historical) and recent year budgets for comparable communities.
- Some prototype visualizations of policing budgets and staffing.
Future Plans / Ideas
- High-level finances/expenses, compared to comparable municipalities; especially %ages of budget expense per town department (compare schools, police, dpw, debt, etc). Data already uploaded as CSV and sample metadata (roughly based on mass.gov).
- Police budgets per category - salaries, training, equipment, etc. Topical subject.
- Police calls by month, past year, categorized; comparative to past years; Comparative to comparable municipalities. Categorize types of crime vs. non-crime calls.
- Key Schools progress reports - either MCAS or other achievement data change over time.